Thursday, January 8, 2015

Time To Make Some Decisions

  No comments    
So this weekend was going to be a weekend of education for me.  There was a gym located in Plano, that is hosting an NPC workshop on Saturday, which will cover so much information I feel like I need!  Everything from training, choosing the right suit, meal prep and posing for your class.  Sunday, I was planning on heading over to South Lake for a two-hour private posing session.  This weekend was just going to start this year and my goals off in the right direction with so much momentum.  However, West Texas ended up getting completely frozen over.  Of course it did.  Not snowman building kind of cold, just ice.  Thanks Elsa.  :(  The roads are horrible.  People up North are probably doing the belly grabbing, laughing with tears in their eyes at this.  I can already see the comments... "girl, you don't know icy roads".  You're absolutely right.  That's why I'm not driving on them.
Anyway, so about a week ago, I was texting my coach about this awesome trip (insert grumpy cat face here), and she had mentioned that she wasn't sure which class she wanted me competing in.  I didn't really ask anything about it.  I guess I figured "Maybe I'm too small for figure?  I'm not developing enough muscle mass  to be in the Figure category - she must be deciding on bikini or figure."  I'm not going to lie, I was a little bummed.  I know it's not for everybody, but I love the bigger muscles.  Not the super over the top build (body building), but the ones that have retained their feminine physique.  In fact, I follow a lot of Nicole Wilkins (figure competitor) and Dana Linn Bailey's (physique competitor) social media accounts just because I'm so eager to learn what they do!
Nicole Wilkins          dlb
For a visual reference, here we have Nicole Wilkins on the left and Dana Linn Bailey on the right.  Can you see the difference in muscle mass?
So anyway, my coach and I were discussing the poor weather conditions and deciding on what our options were for traveling, when I asked her what she meant by 'she was undecided' regarding my class.  I asked if she was referring to bikini or figure, and she lol'd (because we were texting) and said she was thinking figure or physique!  My jaw physically dropped when I read that!  I'm just so shocked.  I just never really figured I'd have the type of frame to do physique.  Don't get me wrong, I love both categories, but in physique they do a routine, and I'm really not the most coordinated person.  Like I'm fully capable of rolling my ankle standing completely still.
So what's the point of this post?  There's not one really.  I guess I've had all day to really absorb what my coach has told me, and I'm still in shock.  We may be meeting on Sunday for a small posing class, so maybe we'll figure out the plan then.  Either way, I need a goal.  We need to decide on a show and a category.  There's a 16 week prep in my future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind when posting comments. This blog is for personal documentation of my own fitness journey. Negativity will not be tolerated. Now go eat a cookie, IIFYM... :)